The following entries are based upon true events, sometimes mingled with a "little" fiction.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Things I learned during my trip to Utah

  • Hard work and no play can kill you.
  • A Hyundai Sonata is a very nice car.
  • The music on XM radio stations repeat after a few hours.
  • Chipmunks make a crunchy popping sound when the car tire rolls over them.
  • Heather and Brittany are beautiful women.
  • Brittany really can cook a roast in the crock pot.
  • Clay cracks me up.
  • I think every son in law should address his father in law as President.
  • I will miss not having the opportunity for a young man to ask for permission to marry one of my daughters any more. Ran out of daughters.
  • Heather looks radiant.
  • Brittany looks pregnant.
  • I learned that an event can quickly change your entire life and you don’t even see it coming.
  • That several hours of my life and mind are missing.
  • A seizure is very violent.
  • Dazed and confused is not my happy place.
  • Any sudden jerky movement I make can freak my wife out.
  • I know how to get instant attention from my wife.
  • I learned how much people care about me and my family.
  • I’m pretty feisty when people try to poke and prod me.
  • I’ll never fake a seizure again whenever I see pulsating lights.
  • Use a Krispy Kreme donut, not ammonia, to revive me when I’ve passed out.
  • I’m grateful for a son in law who is a “minute man” priesthood holder.
  • Jan really likes mint covered brownies from BYU’s bakery.
  • I always lose at the candy bar game. Why is it that first time players usually always win?
  • Jason was smart to share part of his Symphony Bar with his future mother in law. Very smart…
  • When I find digestive biscuits with the chocolate on top like I had in Ireland it’s like Christmas morning.
  • Five Guys Burgers and Fries in Utah is bigger than in Scranton and they still serve an over abundance of the greasy potatoes with your burger. My best discovery this summer.
  • The “This is the Place” monument hasn’t changed from the last time I saw it.
  • I really like going to a BYU football game.
  • Brittany is a great face painter. Figures, since she’s been applying her own makeup since she was 8.
  • I was disappointed that BYU didn’t do the “Haka” chant prior to their football game.
  • I usually “haka” when I first get up in the morning or when I breathe in smoky air.
  • I learned that word travels fast in the family, ward and work.
  • I learned that the word that travels fast is usually very inaccurate.
  • Give Jan a nice new car to drive and she can drive far.

3 comments:

B said...

hahaha those made me laugh! I think my favorites were the "haka" in the morning, and how you can't fake a seizure anymore when you see pulsating lights. I'm glad your brain still works dad!....well....the parts of it that worked before anyway :) Love you

Unknown said...

I am enjoying this theme. What's next? Things I learned during my morning and evening commute now that I have a chauffer?

Amanda said...

Oh no! The poor chipmunk!

Next time I pass out, somebody use a mint brownie to wake me up! They really should use something pleasant to wake you up...not singe-your-nose hairs-and-make-you-choke ammonia!

Mmmmm....going to consider making brownies now....